guix-devel

Re: nesting with-imported-modules

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: nesting with-imported-modules
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 16:47:29 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 1., Szo 23:23):
Hi Guix,

it seems that it is impossible to nest with-imported-modules.  A gexp
that is wrapped in multiple layers of with-imported-modules won’t depend
on the list of all mentioned modules but only on the outermost.

This is because with-imported-modules sets the current-imported-modules
parameter without checking if the parameter already has a value.

Should nesting be supported?  It seems useful.

Looks useful to me. Also, it seems to me that with-imported-modules work in unexpected ways when wrapped inside with-extensions.
What I observed was that adding a with-imported-modules some-guix-module inside a with-extensions guix broke patch file search. Can that be related?

--
Ricardo