guix-devel

SIP Client for Guix

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: SIP Client for Guix
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:16:50 -0500

Hello Guix!

I just realized that we do not have any working SIP client.

We do have twinkle and jami. Twinkle is not under development since
2009. Jami is buggy, but in active development (upstream).

So after a brief research, I found out that Linphone and Ekiga are good
candidates.

With regards to Linphone, roptat has done some preliminary work.
https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix-more/blob/master/more/packages/messaging.scm

Anybody intrested in packaging Linphone and/or Ekiga?

Linphone: https://www.linphone.org
Ekiga: https://www.ekiga.org

Thank you!

Regards,