guix-devel

Re: Qt build problems after bump to 5.12.7

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Qt build problems after bump to 5.12.7
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:43:39 +0100

John Soo 写道:
I was looking into the failing freecad build and I found the following
bug from the qt 5.12.7 known bugs page
(https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.12.7_Known_Issues).

- Qt-based CMake projects might fail if their build directories contain dots:

  https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-81715

I think this probably effects more cmake based qt projects than just freecad. The qt-build-system is based on cmake and many of the store paths and
build paths include semver version numbers.

What should we do?

IIUC that this only affects qtbased packages:

1. If more than 300 qtbase dependents currently build fine: apply the fix[0] to a separate qtbase/fixed package, and use it (on master) in all packages that currently fail to build because of this bug. Once Qt 5.12.8 comes out in April (or we upgrade everything to 5.14), the /fixed variant can be removed on the staging branch.

2. If fewer than 300 qtbase dependents currently build successfully: apply the patch directly to qtbase on master. Newly succeeding builds don't count as rebuilds.

Does that make sense?

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/288359