guix-devel

Re: rav1e AV1 encoder

From: Martin Becze
Subject: Re: rav1e AV1 encoder
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 04:15:43 -0500

On 2/20/20 5:43 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
Should they be added to (gnu packages crates-io)?

yep!

And if so, should it
be done as a single commit? Or one-by-one?

One-by-one unfortunately

It's 258 new packages, and
figuring out the order they should be added in seems... too hard.

They should be alphanumeric

The c-bindgen and cargo-c packages could go in (gnu packages rust-apps).

What about updating them later? Will `guix refresh` handle it?

guix refresh should handle them. But currently it should do thing recursively so keep that in mind.

I have a small tool I have been working will make the new packages easier to commit.... its very much WIP but if I would appreciate any feedback. Attached is sort2.scm and merge.scm

sort2.scm will sort a files exported packages alphanumerically.
merge.scm will merge exported packages of two files into a single file creating a git commit for every new or updated package.

Here is my work flow,
1) Import the package using `guix import crate -r mypackage > mypackage.scm`

2) Sort the packages, `guile -s ./sort2.scm mypackage.scm > mypackage.scm` (you will probably also want to sort crates-io.scm, i think some packages may be out-of-order now)

3) merge mypackages.scm and crates-io.scm `guile -s ./merge.scm ./mypackage.scm ./crates-io.scm`

4) check that the git log looks correct and that everything still runs! :D

-Martin