guix-devel

Re: rav1e AV1 encoder

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: rav1e AV1 encoder
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:08:23 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 04:15:43AM -0500, Martin Becze wrote:
> On 2/20/20 5:43 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > And if so, should it
> > be done as a single commit? Or one-by-one?
>
> One-by-one unfortunately

I've been working on this and I've committed about 3000 lines of these
packages by hand.

But, I have a concern with committing these packages one at a time
alphabetically.

Since the packages refer to each other, committing them individually
breaks the build until the entire commit series is complete. This will
break `git bisect` for 267 commits (the number of packages).

I think it would be better to add the new crates alphabetically in a
single commit.