guix-devel

how to define extra configuration for Redis service?

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: how to define extra configuration for Redis service?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:34:22 +0100

Hi Guix,

I'd like to add extra configuration parameters to a redis server, this
is a sample configuration (I could then use to add more config
parameters):

           ;; Redis server
           (service redis-service-type
                    (redis-configuration
                     (config-file
                      (plain-file "redis.conf"
                                  "
bind 192.168.133.255
port 6379
dir /var/lib/redis
daemonize no
"))))

Reading the redis-shepherd-service source code in
gnu/services/databases.scm I thought that the config file I defined is
going to replace the default one, but when I reconfigure the service I
see the redis-server process is started like this:

/gnu/store/5w6nlzd2nrns479whwcz7il5mgf5024s-redis-4.0.10/bin/redis-server
127.0.0.1:6379

I expected to see something like

/gnu/store/5w6nlzd2nrns479whwcz7il5mgf5024s-redis-4.0.10/bin/redis-server
/gnu/store/...-redis.conf

with the content of redis.conf as defined above [1]

Plase am I doing something wrong?

Thanks! Gio'

[1] the redis quickstart doc states: "In order to start Redis with a
configuration file use the full path of the configuration file as first
argument, like in the following example: redis-server /etc/redis.conf. "
(https://redis.io/topics/quickstart)

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures