guix-devel

Re: Using the Hetzner Cloud

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Using the Hetzner Cloud
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:00:21 +0100

Hello Alex,

Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> writes:

> Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> could you please share that "guix-infect" script?
>
> Sure, please see attached.  This one here is a bash script that works
> with a system config that is specified as part of a here-doc in the bash
> script.

Cool, thanks!

[...]

> — primarily to encourage myself to keep automating further by
> integrating this in Guix deploy. Where does all the time go!!!

I'd like to help but still need to enhance my guile-foo

> Happy to help if you run into problems or have questions.

maybe when guix will be in Debian [1] your script could be simpified in
the first steps... but I hope we'll have a proper guix-deploy way for
many many providers before :-)

just one more question:

[...]

> #!/bin/bash
>
> e2label /dev/sda1 root

[...]

> guix system build /etc/bootstrap-config.scm
> guix system reconfigure /etc/bootstrap-config.scm
> mv /etc /old-etc
> mkdir /etc
> cp -r /old-etc/{passwd,group,shadow,gshadow,mtab,guix,bootstrap-config.scm}
> /etc/
> guix system reconfigure /etc/bootstrap-config.scm

why two "guix system reconfigure"?

[...]

Thanks! Gio'

[1]  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=850644