guix-devel

Re: Packaging UCSC

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Packaging UCSC
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 11:06:21 +0100

Hi Giovanni,

> AFAIU UCSC Genome Browser in "just" a browser [1] while Galaxy is a
> "workflow management system" [2] (GWL is missing, and that _is_ the
> solution to the workflow problem space :-) )
>
> Is Galaxy also capable of genome browsing?

Nothing I am aware of. But I am not an real Galaxy user.

Note that GWL and Galaxy are not exactly in the same "problem space";
mainly because Galaxy is a monster hairy beast. ;-)
Well, it depends on which level the comparison is done. Galaxy is
based on visual "graphical programming" and IMHO that said a lot about
the "problem space".

> > You are talking about that [1], right?
> > But is it free software?
>
> Unfortunately not