guix-devel

Re: Game package requests: Tesseract, Warsow, Unvanquished (needs pnacl)

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Game package requests: Tesseract, Warsow, Unvanquished (needs pnacl)
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 20:25:31 +0200

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 03:00:40PM +0100, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> Warsow engine is free software and the assets are mostly CC-Share-Alike
> except 3 files:

> Exceptions:
> The assets found within the following archives:
> - basewsw/data0_000_nonfree_21.pk3
> - basewsw/data0_000_nonfree_21pure.pk3
> - basewsw/tex_000_nonfree.pk3
> are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0
> International License.
> To view a copy of this license, visit
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/ or send a letter to Creative
> Commons, PO Box 1866, Mountain View, CA 94042, USA.
>
> Does it make Warsow unfit for Guix?

I'm not sure about CC-ND-4.0, but if it is a problem then you can remove
those files in a snippet and that'll be fine.

On a similar note, here's the script Debian has to remove various bits
from the source tarball:
https://sources.debian.org/src/warsow/0.42.dfsg1-1.1/debian/warsow-get-orig-source/

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר