health

[Health] Connecting GNUHealth remotely via Android Application

From: Yusif Suleiman
Subject: [Health] Connecting GNUHealth remotely via Android Application
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:59:43 +0000

Hi All,
I introduced GNUHealth as a platform for hospital computerization to the Executive Secretary (ES), Primary Health Care Management Board (PHC), Kano state, early this month.

I made a presentation to demonstrate the work flow of GNUHealth to the ES with his team members, the members were impressed with the presentation, and the ES promise his support and ordered for a feasibility report/study on how to pilot GNUHealth in one of their facilities.

The Kano state PHC Management Board has a central Server located in the board complex, and they have developed a software for handling hospital equipments, drugs, and others (like monthly report), and the board has hundreds of facilities within the state, many of those facilities are located in remote area, therefore, Android devices are used for accessibility to communicate.

This week is about the fourth time I presented some of the features and functionality of GNUHealth to different stakeholders, including those in IT department.

After the discussions, questions have raised and we come up with some possibilities and suggestions, some of which are below.

  1. How can GNUHealth database get access remotely (using internet).
  2. Any possibility for mobile access ( especially android application) because many facilities do not have computers, only mobile phone available.
  3. The possibility of integrating GNUHealth with that locally developed software.
I hope this can lead to collaboration between the GNUHealth community and Kano state PHCMB

Regards.
Yusuf