health

Re: [Health] Insert Modul

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Insert Modul
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 12:28:08 +0000

Dear Zahra

Thank you for your feedback and question.

On Sat, 25 May 2024 16:42:48 +0200
Zahra Magdub <zahra.magdub@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question regarding adding modules without a development
> environment in GNU Health. When I navigate to the local directory:
> ~/gnuhealth/tryton/server/modules, I can see all available modules and
> their structure. I would like to add a submodule to the main module
> “Surgery”. As far as I understand, I can copy the module and simply
> change the name. Has anyone had experience with this and can explain
> to me exactly how to do this without breaking the installed version
> of GNU Health? I had extreme difficulty in installing GNU Health
> properly and had to spend a long time learning. Therefore, the brief
> instructions on the website are not sufficient for me. If someone
> could explain to me in detail what I need to do, I would be very
> grateful. Thanks in advance.

The local / custom modules go in the directory "local". Doing so it
helps to maintain the integrity of the official packages and it won't
override your development during GNUHealth upgrades.

Please take a look at:

https://docs.gnuhealth.org/his/techguide/development/modules.html

Kind regards
Luis