Re: All bash variables that can be used as temp variables?

From: Koichi Murase
Subject: Re: All bash variables that can be used as temp variables?
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:04:07 +0900

2023年1月26日(木) 23:12 Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com>:
> Yes. I have full control of the scripts that I use. I am not trying to
> use some other people's scripts for this purpose. So the restriction
> that you mentioned does not apply to me. I want to understand in this
> situation what variables can be used as temp variables (and under what
> conditions, if there are restricted conditions like in REPLY).

There are no special Bash variables that can be used for unintended
purposes unconditionally. Then the condition that a variable can be
used as a temporary variable is theoretically that you do not use the
variable for the original purpose, as I have written in the previous
reply. The usage of each variable is described in Bash Reference
Manual Sec. 5.2, so you can check the description of each variable
there and will immediately know what would be the condition for each
variable. I know that you do not expect us to just copy and paste the
contents of Sec. 5.2 here, but then what are you expecting us for