Re: Build Issues

From: Kerin Millar
Subject: Re: Build Issues
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:09:01 +0000

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 08:05:37 -0800
jason stein <jstein916@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed make using choco (package manager) using the command "choco
> install make".  I am also attaching the output of my configure which I
> capture with "./configure>configure_output".
> thanks

I suspect that chocolatey installs a Win32 port that is not intended to be used
from within an MSYS2 environment, potentially resulting in issues with pathname
translation. If you wish to build for MSYS2 specifically, I would suggest
getting rid of "Git for Windows" and installing MSYS2 directly from
https://www.msys2.org/ instead. With the aid of its pacman utility, you will be
able to install all of the prequisites for building bash. Indeed, it offers a
base-devel package group that covers a number of packages commonly required for
development. It can be installed by issuing the following command.

pacman -S --needed base-devel

Of course, you may use it to install git as well.

Another option would be to use a Linux distribution through WSL (Windows
Subsystem for Linux).

--
Kerin Millar