Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 21:53:34 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> How do I print the merge buffer's contents to stdout?  And how can I
> influence the exit code? (I could do (kill-emacs my-exit-code) but
> would be more happy if I could also use the merge command with
> emacsclient where I obviously don't want to kill emacs.)

Never did something like this before.  I spent some time trying to
understand the code in server.el however.  Seems `server-send-string'
can be used for this.  Maybe search for the occurrences - e.g. in
`server-edit-abort' (and the rest of server.el).

The available "options" are explained in the doc of
`server-process-filter' AFAIU.  I think you are interested in those
"accepted by the client" - especially -print and -error.

Michael.