Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to use emacs as a "diff3 -m" compatible merge tool?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 00:52:07 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> And how can I influence the exit code? (I could do
> (kill-emacs my-exit-code) but would be more happy if I could
> also use the merge command with emacsclient where
> I obviously don't want to kill emacs.)

Why not, isn't this supposed to be a shell tool? If so, see
emacs(1) as you know ...

If not, and if it isn't supposed to be exited, how can there
be an exit code to begin? (To end with, without
ending anything.)

> How do I print the merge buffer's contents to stdout?

Here is some material on that but if you use Emacs as a shell
tool you don't need it

  https://stackoverflow.com/a/41435631

--
underground experts united