Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing

From: Karan Ahlawat
Subject: Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 13:11:03 +0530

On 05/08/23 12:31, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

There's no such feature in Emacs, AFAIK.  The default cursor is just
the character at point displayed in inverse video, so it always has
the dimensions of the character as its font provides them.

My question is why do you set line-height to a non-nil value? what do
you want to accomplish with that setting?

(Btw, there's no line-height variable, only line-height text
property.)
I miswrote, my apologies.

I meant to say, I set the line-spacing variable (not the line-height).

I was looking into the C source code and debugging Emacs to try and figure out how the height of a cursor at the EOL is decided (with no luck).

Anyways, the effect I want to accomplish is, after setting line-spacing to a value, I'd want the cursor to always be the full line of the height, and not the character underneath. I'd attach an image showing exactly what I want to reproduce, but I'm not sure if image attachments are okay or even usable in a mailing list.

Cheers,

Karan Ahlawat