Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fixing cursor height when setting line-spacing
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 11:19:59 +0300

> Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 13:38:02 +0530
> From: Karan Ahlawat <ahlawatkaran12@gmail.com>
>
> By setting line-spacing, I want to add space above and below the line.

I understand, but I'm asking why do you want that space.  What is
wrong with the default spacing between lines?

> Lastly, I did set the cursor-type to 'bar. While that works, the cursor
> now becomes opaque, in a sense, and I'm unable to see the character
> below the cursor.

The bar cursor is very thin, and you can make it even thinner:

  M-: (setq cursor-type '(bar . 1)) RET

The above will display the cursor as a 1-pixel thin vertical line,
which cannot possibly obscure the character.