libotf.so.1, libotf.so.0, Fedora 39, and Emacs 30.0.50

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: libotf.so.1, libotf.so.0, Fedora 39, and Emacs 30.0.50
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 02:41:32 -0400

After testing on another machine, I updated to F39 on my main one.

And Emacs failed with the message "emacs: error while loading shared
libraries: libotf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

This did not happen on my older and slower test machine.

The same library caused trouble about a dozen years ago, but this is a
different problem.

F39 has updated to libotf.so.1.0.0, while Emacs still wants libotf.so.0.

So I added a symlink in /lib64 from libotf.so.0 to libotf.so.1.0.0.

This actually works (for now), but I expect something to break soon ...

Whose problem is this, though? Fedora or Emacs?

Thanks!
Fred