Re: Issue building on MSWindows + msys

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue building on MSWindows + msys
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:00:03 +0100

On November 15, 2023 5:45:15 PM GMT+01:00, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:57:17 +0100
>> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
>>
>> make[2]: *** [Makefile:330: erc/erc-goodies.elc] Error 3
>>
>> -------------------------
>>
>> And a similar message (including backtrace) a bit latter:
>>
>> make[2]: *** [Makefile:330: org/ob-eshell.elc] Error 3
>>
>> -------------------------
>>
>> I made a clean build, make boostrap, git clean, rebuild from scratch etc
>> etc... and everytime I get the same error.
>>
>> Anybody knows what's going on?? Did I something wrong or is there some
>> known issue related with this??
>
>Did you update any of your system utilities (like Grep) or libraries
>lately?

Hi Eli:

I made a clean msys2 install and installed the same packages I had before.
Everything from the official msys repositories

The issue is weird because the compilation continues after the error, and
completes apparently successfully (ignoring the errors). Except if I try 'make
-j' In that case the error aborts the build.

After compiling and installing, the new emacs installation actually works, but
it shows some issues. However, I will double check them before opening a bug
report. For example the history search (up arrow) in the mini buffer is not
working and says that there is no history match... (But the history file is
there and is not corrupted)

Best,
Ergus