Different g++ versions

From: Blazor
Subject: Different g++ versions
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:18:46 GMT

Hi all,
I'm a Linux newbye (or something just more), I have to compile some packages, but I can't. The problem seems to be about an erroneous use of the class std::ofstream, but I know that several people have already compiled that package succesfully. Since I had similar problems in the past, with different Gcc versions, I thought to install previous versions of the g++ compiler, but here my problems have begun.
First of all, I'm using a Mandrake 10.1 Box (built-in gcc version 3.4.1).
I tried to download the gcc src packages for the 3.2.x versions but the compiling process gave me many problems. So I looked for a rpm and finally found on rpm.pbone.net. I downloaded and forced the rpm installation of the following packages:
- gcc-3.2.2-3mdk.i586.rpm
- gcc-3.2.2-3mdk.i586.rpm

At the end, in /usr/bin there were also the following files:
- gcc3.2.2
- gcc3.2version

If I change the symbolic link to point to the new gcc3.2.2 the compilation process exploits, as expected, the 3.2 compiler. I'm writing to you because, later, I found that no new g++ versions have been installed by the previous rpm installation. So coming to the point: the package I have to compile uses the g++ compiler, which is the 3.4.1 yet, but I need to try to compile with the older 3.2.2. How can I use a g++ 3.2.2 version on my system?
Thanks to all! Bye
Blazor