Re: Exceptions and warnings

From: Andreas Schallenberg
Subject: Re: Exceptions and warnings
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:04:30 +0100

Hello Mike!

You are certainly right and I'd like to go this way
if I had to rewrite the program. What I have is more
a source where I want to modify the exception behavior.
To do this correctly and not forget any methods
I am seeking for automated help from the compiler.
This could be a warning/note for every method which does
catch a exception so I can inspect that position and tell
if its a false warning or a point to modify the source.

The code already has well-defined exceptions with print
methods, knowledge of the places where it was thrown etc.
The handling is largely automated via macros. My goal is
to modify the behavior of methods in the middle of the
call stack. Not at the place where it is thrown and not
at the place where it is catched (close to the top) but
more in the middle of that.

Maybe now this gets a bit clearer... I'd be surprised
if this is not a common problem.

RU,
Andreas