is __attribute__((pure)) safe for member variables?

From: edA-qa mort-ora-y
Subject: is __attribute__((pure)) safe for member variables?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:51:49 +0100

Can __attribute__((pure)) be used on member functions which access member variables of the instantiated object? I'm assuming yes, but it doesn't quite seem covered by the description in the GCC manual.

What about __attribute((const))? I'm assuming it is disqualified as the object instance would qualify as a pointer.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect