No standard library compilation

From: ernesto
Subject: No standard library compilation
Date: 2 Jun 2006 16:51:20 -0700

Hi everybody:

I want to develop a C++ application (or shared library) [using objects,
inheritance, polymorphism, RTTI, templates, exception handling, etc.]
but I do not want to use the libstdc++ library.

I know that I can avoid linking with the default libraries telling
"-nodefaultlibs" to the compiler, but then a lot of errors are raised.

So, what basic methods should I implement in order to have full C++
features on my application without using the libstdc++?

Maybe I need to implement a minimalistic "standard library"-like
library?

Is there some documentation about it somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Ernesto