Re: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

From: Pep
Subject: Re: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Date: 24 Jul 2006 03:53:14 -0700

Thobias Vakayil wrote:
> Pep wrote:
>
> >I am getting this message when building a application but do not have
> >any idea what is causing the problem.  The output that goes with it is
> >just the normal output of the g++ command.  I have tried the --verbose
> >cli flag to the g++ command but this gives no further information.
> >
> >Any ideas on how I can get more information from ld and collect2 to see
> >what the problem is?
> >
> >TIA,
> >Pep.
> >

> Hello,
>
> Send the complete log.  I think before this error message, some lib
> cannot found message might be there.
> Regards,
>
> Thobias Vakayil

I have solved the problem.  I did not notice before when I was building
our bespoke libraries on the build server that we ran out of space :(

So the problem was indeed that there was a missing library but the log
output did not show anything like this, simply the cli output and then
the error message.  It was only that I started checking each library
that the build command was using that I found some missing and then hit
the space problem when I tried to build them.

So the problem was missing libraries but not properly reported though
again this could have been that the build itself ran out of disk space
and simply crashed.

Thanks for your reply,
Pep.