Re: strange error message in g++ 4.1.0 but not in 4.0.2

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: strange error message in g++ 4.1.0 but not in 4.0.2
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:34:38 -0800

KlausDGuenther@googlemail.com writes:

> In the following code:

Please post *complete* and *compilable* test cases.

> Syntax.h:56: error: 'CDPTSigRef' was not declared in this scope

When I make your test case complete, gcc-4.1.1 compiles it without
any problems. However, edgcpfe --strict says:

junk.cc", line 2: error: default arguments are not allowed on friend
          declarations that are not definitions
     friend void CDPTSigRef ( ...

> The error disappears if "address" (typedef void *address) is
> replaced, for instance, with "TSigRef*" in both places where it
> is used.
>
> The problem didn't occur in g++ 4.0.2.
>
> Could this be a bug in g++ 4.1.0?

It sure could be, but how in world could *we* know without a complete
test case?

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.