Re: strange error message in g++ 4.1.0 but not in 4.0.2

From: KlausDGuenther
Subject: Re: strange error message in g++ 4.1.0 but not in 4.0.2
Date: 12 Nov 2006 12:48:17 -0800

In the meantime I have found out that the error message disappears also
if I omit the (anyway redundant) address cast in line 56.

That's sufficient to solve my problem, although I have no idea what
this has to do with the error message, but I have given up hope to
understand all secrets of the C++ language.

E.g., another strange effect is that in g++ 4.0.2 I could cast a void*
to an enumeration type. G++ 4.1.0 doesn't allow this, but still allows
to perform the cast in two steps: from void* to unsigned and then to
the enumeration type.

Klaus.