Re: runtime math error handling

From: FÖLDY Lajos
Subject: Re: runtime math error handling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:34:27 +0100

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Zsely Istvan Gyula wrote:

Dear Developers,
I hope this is the most apropriate list for my problem.
I developed a scientific program in F77 (compiled by linux g77 directly) and
in a couple of cases
mathematical errors occur (sqrt with a negative number, floating overflow).
How can I handle these error in a source code procedure? I went through the
online manual (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.6/g77/), but did not
find the soulution.

Thank you for your help in advance!
Best regards,
Istvan Gy. Zsely

You can write an interface to the C99 fenv functions (see fenv.h, or
man fetestexcept)

regards,
lajos

ps: this list is about g++, so don't expect too many responses :-)