Re: Cygwin (gnu) path problem, cannot find g++/make...

From: crea
Subject: Re: Cygwin (gnu) path problem, cannot find g++/make...
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:58:27 +0100

"crea" <no@invalid.com> wrote in message news:_8Ryp.5$5C7.2@newsfe10.ams2...

>> How do you figure?  Is make in /bin?
>
> yes, all the compiler exe s are there. And if I run them from there (bin)
> they do work. But the point is that I cannot run the compiler from
> elsewhere.

Very strange to me that puttimg the bin -path to PATH -variable does not do
that job. PATH variable defines where to look DOS command-programs? If I
have DOS promtph:

C:\

and I type

C:\g++.exe

then the computer will use that PATH variables paths to find g++.exe, isnt
it? So why this is not working although I have it there?