Re: Cygwin (gnu) path problem, cannot find g++/make...

From: crea
Subject: Re: Cygwin (gnu) path problem, cannot find g++/make...
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:16:40 +0100

"Jeffrey Schwab" <jeff@schwabcenter.com> wrote in message
7225e5eb-9d33-4530-a17b-51cf0ee4cfac@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com">news:7225e5eb-9d33-4530-a17b-51cf0ee4cfac@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com...
> On Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:58:27 AM UTC-4, crea wrote:
>
>> Very strange to me that puttimg the bin -path to PATH -variable does not
>> do
>> that job. PATH variable defines where to look DOS command-programs? If I
>> have DOS promtph:
>>
>> C:\
>>
>> and I type
>>
>> C:\g++.exe
>>
>> then the computer will use that PATH variables paths to find g++.exe,
>> isnt
>> it?
>
> No, PATH is used when you do not specify the location of the program:
>
>  C:\> g++

ye, so the Windows finds g++ using PATH.

> Can you please paste the value of PATH here?  It may be that the path
> separator (;) is missing or incorrect.

ok, its here the whole value:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\bin\;C:\Program
Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA
Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program

Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG; C:\cygwin\bin;C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GPU Computing
SDK 4.0\C\common\bin;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA\NVIDIA GPU Computing SDK
4.0\C\common\bin;C:\Cygwin\usr\bin

as you can see, I am doing CUDA programming :)

so,  ; C:\cygwin\bin; is there ... and cygwin compiler is at: C:\cygwin\bin

I will test putting other programs to PATH and see they work...