Re: Path prefix to src and targets

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Path prefix to src and targets
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 08:20:44 -0400

On Mon, 2023-05-29 at 06:06 +0200, David Deutsch wrote:
> I hope I'm not breaking any etiquette rules with this, but I was
> interested in seeing how GPT4 would respond to this request

My attitude about GTP answers is that they're OK to post, AS LONG AS
you (the person who posts the answer) fully understands and agrees with
everything in the response.

If you don't know for sure that the response is accurate from your own
knowledge, please don't post it (or else, verify it yourself before
posting it).

I have no problems with people using GPT (etc.) to help formulate an
answer for them, since not everyone is proficient at writing clearly in
English.  But, I've seen many responses posted to StackOverflow (where
GPT responses are not allowed, but the response was clearly generated)
that look reasonable and correct at the start, or at a high level, but
are very wrong in the details.

The last thing we want to do is disseminate plausible-sounding, but
incorrect, information.

So TL;DR: if you're using GPT et.al. to help you write a more clear
version of information you know to be correct, that's fine.  If you're
just copying text back and forth between the mailing list and GPT
without fully understanding, please don't and let someone who knows the
answer respond instead.

Cheers!