help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] getting nicely justified comments in an easy way

From: Seb
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] getting nicely justified comments in an easy way
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:13:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Benno,

I agree that in a vague sense, ^Y could be understood as "search for the top of file". That's probably why ^Y was in the ^W menu in Pico.

Another reason that comes to mind is that there are only 26 letters to associate with Ctrl.

By the way, it would be nice to be able to bind functions to two-letters Ctrl combinations. One could then reserve for instance ^S (for 'self') as an entry point and add another ^Something for the function to perform.

* chopwordright/left (much better than ^^ + ^Space + ^K)

I introduced and implemented those functions myself, but never use them.
:) I find that I simply do <Ctrl+Shift+Left> as many times as needed,
and then hit ^K.

I didn't know about this combination; on my setting (Fvwm) it makes the mouse pointer move 1/100th of the screen to the left.

* linenumbers (great that it's a toggle)

I'm thinking about additionally binding M-N to the linenumbers toggle,

Seems logical.
I used M-G in nanorc yesterday because I was thinking that I'd use it only to "Goto" the line that a compiler would be croaking about.

and M-S to the softwrap toggle (and move the smoothscrolling toggle to M-F, or remove it entirely). Would that make things easier to type?

Yes. I followed your advice and already bound M-S to softwrap.

Kind regards,
Sébastien.