help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] getting nicely justified comments in an easy way

From: Seb
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] getting nicely justified comments in an easy way
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 15:20:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Benno,

There was a proposal to implement a Tools menu:
 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2019-01/msg00028.html

It seems like a sound proposal.

If one could add ^T^AnotherKey through .nanorc, that would be even nicer.

I didn't know about this combination; on my setting (Fvwm) it makes the mouse pointer move 1/100th of the screen to the left.

Hmm, that is an unusual window manager. :) Do you use the Ctl+Shift+arrow combinations to move the mouse pointer? If not, is it possible to unbind them so that the application sees the keystrokes?

Ah, yes, I could tweak the .fvwmrc config file, but no, I won't, because I've been used to it for as long as ^W^Y. The various shortcuts allow translations of 1/100th of the screen (convenient to focus on a popup window), 1/10th (to get the mouse pointer on a terminal), 1/2 (to shift between adjacent terminals) and one full screen (to change virtual spaces). (Yes, I *do* have a mouse :-)
I'm losing a feature of nano, but this can't be helped.

Sun keyboards used to have tons of programmable keys on the left hand side, it's unfortunate that the idea has faded away. Yet there is a key that I never use on my qwerty keyboard, it's the one with the Microsoft logo between ^ and M. Is there a way to define keyboard shortcuts with this one?

Kind regards,
Sébastien.