My problems on translating a texinfo document to chinese

From: address@hidden
Subject: My problems on translating a texinfo document to chinese
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:48:15 +0000

To whom it might concern:

    I have some problems on translating the Emacs manual, a texinfo document,
to Chinese.

    Specifically, when I use the following command:

    texi2pdf emacs.texi -o emacs.pdf

    I have following errors:

    Unicode char @u8:找 not defined for Texinfo

    Where "找" is a Chinese character.

    And outputing the documentation in plain text and HTML
    works(theoretically also info), but
    not for everything TeX.

    and I also added following in emacs.texi:

    @documentencoding UTF-8
    @documentlanguage zh_CN

    Also I translated txi-en.tex in the Emacs source file to Chinese as
    txi-zh_CN.tex and it is included in the directory of the maunual. A
    brief description is included in the file:

    "This is read when a source document says @documentlanguage zh_CN."

    but the above output appeared for every Chinese character.

    I tried to read the info manual and found out that using a unicode
    letter requires the use of "@u8{HEX}", which is not the way to go.

    The texinf-ja.tex probably has the answer...

Regards
Ralph