Re: Command to open info node with these special characters: `'“”

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Command to open info node with these special characters: `'“”
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:27:47 +0000

> Hi Mekeor, I believe you would do
>
> info "(org)Bibliography options in the ``biblatex'' and ``csl'' export
> processors"

I had tried that but I just found out that my shell uses backquotes
(even within double-quotes) for subcommands, as documented in:

    info "(zsh) Command Substitution"

In other words, I had to escape those grave-accents with a backslash. So
this is what worked for me:

    info "(org)Bibliography options in the \`\`biblatex'' and \`\`csl'' export
processors"

> Normally, Info node names would not have such quoting characters in them
> as use of literal quotation marks is unusual in node names.  It would
> be more usual to have
>
> @node Bibliography options in the @command{biblatex} and @command{csl} export
> processors
>
> than
>
> @node Bibliography options in the ``biblatex'' and ``csl'' export processors
>
> in the Texinfo source.  I have just checked that the later does not
> ouput quotation marks in the Info output.

Thanks for the explanation and the investigation. I might send a patch
to Org-Mode.