Math and the Emacs info viewer

From: Rahguzar
Subject: Math and the Emacs info viewer
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 11:31:15 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to build an info manual for the SageMath project. The manual
functions very well except those parts which include a lot of
mathematical notation. I want to ask if there are ways to improve the
presentation of these parts in the Emacs viewer.

I can think of two ways:

1. Do what Wikipedia does displaying math: i.e. convert math into images
when the texi file is being built and include the images in the info the
usual way. Emacs info viewer can display images so this will work very
well especially for display math. Doing this just for the display math
would be a big improvement.

2. Retain information about the boundaries of math in the info document.
These segments can be then be rendered using the preview machinery
available in Emacs packages.

Are any of these two possible currently?

Thanks,
Rahguzar