Re: Math and the Emacs info viewer

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Math and the Emacs info viewer
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 14:16:33 +0200

On Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 02:24:55PM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> The first method, outputting the math as an image in Info as is already
> possible, would require the image to be generated.  texi2any can already
> generate images for @math/@displaymath in HTML output using either latex2html
> or tex4ht (accessed with the HTML_MATH customization variable).  I expect
> it would be straightforward to do something similar with Info output.

That could be doable, but not straightforward as the latex2html or
tex4ht output is HTML, which is included in texi2any generated HTML.  I
do not know if it is possible to do images systematically.  Another
issue is that (maybe) there could be more that one image for a math or
displaymath.  If there was some software that do images and not HTML
based on latex/tex it could be easier.

--
Pat