Running texi2any on Windows to generate HTML

From: Benjamin Kalish
Subject: Running texi2any on Windows to generate HTML
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 10:20:07 -0400

Any advice on how to get a working instance of texi2any on Windows would be most welcome. I began a project on my Mac at home, but when I got to work, where we use only Windows computers, I was unable to find a texinfo install for windows that include texi2any.

I was able to install a working version of texinfo from gnuwin32, but it seems to lack texi2any. I was able to run makeinfo --html, but while it runs, gives me lots of errors (along the lines of "`A' has no Up field (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).") which I don't understand and didn't appear when using texi2any.

Benjamin Kalish