Re: Running texi2any on Windows to generate HTML

From: Benjamin Kalish
Subject: Re: Running texi2any on Windows to generate HTML
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 12:08:41 -0400

Thank you so much! ezwinports was just what I needed and the output I'm now getting appears to be identical to what I got on my mac.

Benjamin Kalish
Cataloger / Technology Librarian
Forbes Library Technical Services

413-587-1011

Support Forbes Library:
Currently reading: The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak
Just Finished: The Archive Undying by Emma Mieko Candon

For information about accessibility at the library, please see: http://forbeslibrary.org/accessibility/

On Tue, Sep 10, 2024 at 11:51 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Gavin Smith <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:32:26 +0100
> Cc: help-texinfo@gnu.org
>
> > I was able to install a working version of texinfo from gnuwin32, but it
> > seems to lack texi2any. I was able to run makeinfo --html, but while it
> > runs, gives me lots of errors (along the lines of "`A' has no Up field
> > (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).") which I don't understand and didn't
> > appear when using texi2any.
>
> makeinfo is supposed to be exactly the same program as texi2any so all I
> can think of is that this is a very old version.

That's right.  And the port on ezwinports does include texi2any as a
Windows batch file (which runs the Perl script internally).