Customizing HTML output of indexes

From: Benjamin Kalish
Subject: Customizing HTML output of indexes
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 15:38:12 -0400

Two related but distinct questions:

1. How can I change the index output to contain only the first column (index entry names linking to to the points on the page where the index entries occurs) and excluding the second column (node names linking to the top of the nodes).

2. How can I change the behavior of the _javascript_ index search so that it uses the links to the point on the page where an index entry occurs instead of linking to the top of the node?

(For #2 I am tempted to say this would be a preferable default behavior for all projects.)

Thanks!

Benjamin Kalish