howto-kickstart

[Howto-kickstart] RH 7.0 kickstart fails

From: Tim Underwood
Subject: [Howto-kickstart] RH 7.0 kickstart fails
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:13:37 -0500

I'm attempting to create a CD installation that has a kickstart file on
it. The CD boots fine, but I keep getting a message that says Kickstart
can't find the file "/tmp/ks.cfg".

Here's my syslinux.cfg file contents:
==== start of file ====
default ks
prompt 0
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img
==== end of file ====

I've also tried "append ks=cdrom" with same results.

I've read the FAQ's, HOWTO's, etc, but they really don't explain what's
going on here. And the vast majority seem to want to perform and
describe an NFS kickstart. That's not an option for our system(s). We
need to be able to install from a bootable CDROM.

Any ideas?