Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: Libsoundfont version of iiwusynth

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: Libsoundfont version of iiwusynth
Date: 06 Mar 2002 16:46:45 -0700

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 17:49, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> The old soundfont code was a messy mixture duplicating your code with my
> structures! I will probably do a some cleaning of that part.

Thats good to hear. I could always take some of the libsoundfont stuff
and replace the old stuff with it (its a bit cleaner) IMO, although not
as tested.

> I commited the changes. The files iiwu_sfont.{c,h} moved to
> iiwu_defsfont.{c,h}, which stands for default sfont loader. It's a good
> starting example of the new WaveLoader Plugin API (c) !

Cool. I was hoping you would reply soon, as I wanted to get right to it
:) Its only a few hours later from my last email I sent.

> Take a look at iiwu_defsfont.c. The top of the file has the sfont
> interface code. You might also want to check the defpreset_noteon
> function. With those examples, I think you'll have libsoundfont plugged
> quite quickly.

Thats the plan. I'll let you know when I hear the first peep out of it.

> Note that the API is not complete yet. It lacks the removal of a sfont
> loader (tricky since all presets and sample data has to be removed). It
> also doesn't handle modulators yet.

The first one is not really a problem, the second isn't so critical
either as Swami doesn't handle modulators yet.

> Lates!
> Peter

Lates.. Nice work!
        Josh Green