[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Patch file library

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Patch file library
Date: 06 Nov 2002 22:01:36 -0800

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 09:44, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:35:33AM -0800, Josh Green wrote:
> > peer jamming on LAN/internet). Of course much of this may fit well with
> > the goals of LinuxSampler. iiwusynth (now called FluidSynth) may also
> > have much to offer, although I'm not sure if the author's know about
> > this project yet. I'll shoot an email over to the iiwusynth devel list.
> > It would be a shame for all of us to re-invent the wheel and then find
> > that the wheels don't even work together :) Cheers.
>
> Interesting, maybe the question should be whether its easier to add disk
> streaming to FluidSynth, I played with iiwusynth a fews months back and it
> seemed very impressive.
>
> - Steve

FluidSynth has been a little quite for a while (as well as my own
project) but things seem to be picking up again. One of the developers,
Markus Nentwig, is doing lots of optimization work. We were just
recently making a list of future plans, one of them being sample
streaming support (including disk streaming). I really think that
Swami/FluidSynth are quite nice and that a lot of people are missing out
by not trying them :) Cheers.
        Josh Green