[iiwusynth-devel] LinuxSampler project

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] LinuxSampler project
Date: 06 Nov 2002 09:54:06 -0800

Just wanted to post an email to this list about the LinuxSampler project
(was called evo before). It sounds like a bunch of people are jumping on
this, but I'm not sure where its going to go. I'm trying to be a part of
it with my libInstPatch library and perhaps Swami as the editor front
end (I have yet to know how well these will be received into their
project).

I'm not sure if any pooling of ideas and resources could be done or how
their project goals fit or don't fit with FluidSynth. It does seem like
a bit of a duplication of effort, which does happen a lot in this open
source world :) I don't think they really have anything yet, so perhaps
FluidSynth could jump in and lend code or whatever. Just some thoughts.
Cheers.
        Josh Green