Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Ideas

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Ideas
Date: 26 Nov 2002 19:46:31 -0800

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 04:55, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> How about this: we fix all the small things that are trailing
> and we focus on a FluidSynth 1.0 release in two weeks?
> Antoine, do you think the Xtra could be ready then, too?

Two weeks?! I think we should make any and all breaking API changes that
we can before releasing FluidSynth, since we are totally breaking it
anyways. I will be on vacation for about a week, during which I will
probably be working on Swami/FluidSynth stuff. I have been in the
process of re-writing the FluidSynth plugin, I'll take notes of what I
would like to see changed in the API. Lets not rush things too quick :)

> I will do the name change this week and put up a simple but decent web
> site. By the end of next week, we start making noise (freshmeat, tucows,
> mailing lists, ...)!!!

As I see it, we could really make noise any time :) iiwusynth already
rocks. Swami still needs a little work before it is a fully functional
SoundFont editor, but it is fairly complete. Of course I can see the
advantage of waiting for the official FluidSynth 1.0 release before we
drop the PR bomb.

> Cheers!
> Peter

Cheers.