Re: [iiwusynth-devel] New MIDI router/driver

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] New MIDI router/driver
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:29:58 +0100

Hi Josh,

The API changes of the midi driver were 1) to make it independant
on the synthesizer object, and 2) to allow developers to insert
a 'midi object' between the driver and the synthesizer. The midi
router is just one example. You might want to insert a midi
monitor to inform Swami of incoming midi events before sending
them to the synthesizer.

Cheers!
Peter

Josh Green wrote:
I'm a little confused by the new MIDI router and driver stuff. I'm
trying to update Swami CVS to work with current FluidSynth CVS.
Some questions:

Whats the difference between a MIDI router and MIDI driver? They both
appear to take the same type of callback function. Do I need to use both
a MIDI router and driver?

Do I need to write my own callback functions or does FluidSynth have
ones I can use?

Lates ya'll.
        Josh Green