jami

Re: [Jami Android - 20201222-01]

From: Nick Econopouly
Subject: Re: [Jami Android - 20201222-01]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 14:20:29 -0500

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 06:50 AM gunslayer--- via Discussion list for GNU Jami
wrote:
> I love Jami messenger so much but there are few problems I have
> faced. First I'm using android marshmallow and I can't make a phone
> call nor video call with Jami. It got connected but I couldn't hear
> anything. Sometime I couldn't make calls at all.

I have also experienced some issues with calls on Android (or with
friends who have Android), but I haven't gotten around to making a bug
report. I will say video calls are working pretty well on other
platforms for me.

We have a bug report guide, by the way. If you happen to have the time
to put together a good bug report it can be really helpful:
https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/-/wikis/tutorials/Bug-report-guide

> I can see the Bright future of Jami messenger as real P2P
> communication solution. Signal is prone to DDOS and malfunction when
> there are traffick spikes. But I think will always work since there
> are no servers. You guys are really great for coming up with this
> idea.

Agreed!

Nick