jami

[Jami] using legacy accounts on Linux and Android app

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: [Jami] using legacy accounts on Linux and Android app
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:00:01 +0100

On one of my Linux systems, I have some legacy accounts under
~/.local/share/ring

Can people with legacy accounts like this use them with the latest Jami
code?

Is there a procedure to migrate them?

I created an account some years ago on my Android device

Jami tells me it wants to migrate the account

It is asking for a password but I don't remember creating a password, I
think this account was created before usernames and passwords.

Is there any way for users to recover old accounts like that?

Regards,

Daniel