jami

Re: [Jami] using legacy accounts on Linux and Android app

From: Sébastien Blin
Subject: Re: [Jami] using legacy accounts on Linux and Android app
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 16:52:22 -0500

Normally updating clients automatically do the migration, but a migration so big (should be like a 2 years migration if it's still ring is not really supported)

But the format for account didn't change, In ~/.local/share/ring you should see some export.gz for each of your old accounts.

You can import it in recent versions via "Import from backup" in the account creation's menu. Just import the export.gz via the File chooser and set the password if there is one.

BR,

Sébastien