Re: [Javaweb-submit] java gnu namespace

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-submit] java gnu namespace
Date: 30 Jul 2003 16:18:01 +0100

Michael Koch <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm the author of a little software called gcjwebplugin. Its a web
> browser plugin to execute Java applets based on libgcj. Its not yet a
> GNU project but I'm trying to make it one.
>
> In this software is use the Java namespace gnu.applet. I thought its a
> good idea to tell you to make it on the webpage
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html)
>
> The software can be found on http://www.nongnu.org/gcjwebplugin/.

Is gnu.applet a good package to use?

Maybe gnu.webplugin.mozilla would be better?

We (the GNU project) might want to use gnu.applet for something else.

btw we'd prefer that you do not use the gnu namespace if you're not
part of the official GNU project.

What are you doing to become a GNU project? We may be able to help.

Alternately you could tag your project onto GCJ, simply submitting
the code to the GCJ team and assigning (c) to GNU.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk