koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Copyright statements for Savannah

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: [Koha-devel] Copyright statements for Savannah
Date: Tue Aug 13 15:39:04 2002

On 14 Aug 2002, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Ahh thanks for that steve.
>
> Looks like a good thing to do in any case, so perhaps a rainy sunday
> afternoon job for me :)
> Once I get Pat and Nick et al to give me the wording, i dont mind
> writing a little script to go thru and prepend the statement to all our
> sourcecode

Each file needs two things added

1.  copyright statement
2.  copying permission statement

#    Copyright 2000,2001,2002 Katipo Communications
#
#    This file is part of Koha.
#
#    Koha is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
#    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
#    the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
#    (at your option) any later version.
#
#    Koha is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#    GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#    along with Koha; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
#    59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307 USA

I'm not sure who we'd assign the copyright to.  Could be Katipo.  Could be
more than one entity or person.  I don't know much about setting up a Koha
Foundation to assign copyright to, but I think we're best avoiding that
hassle.  I say assign copyright to Katipo.

Steve.